Coalport dating

Track was laid with minimal manpower and equipment, a security compound and platform constructed, and facilities provided.All restoration work on the predominantly pre-grouping rolling stock and industrial locomotives was carried out in the open.November 1959 saw a gathering of 16 men and lads at the former L&NWR Hotel, Stafford, for the inaugural meeting of the Railway Preservation Society – West Midlands District.

Although no trains were to be run for the foreseeable future, it was decided to soldier on behind the scenes as a Society.Some incredible vandalism occurred, such as a GWR parachute water tank from Cleobury Mortimer which was cut up by “scrappies” before it could be erected!The first steam open day was held on 29th June 1968 when Hawthorn Leslie 0-4-0ST “Asbestos” hauled a GWR 16 ton brake van of 1888 and an MR passenger brake of circa 1885.The Society had been proud to be represented at the Stockton & Darlington 150th celebrations in 1975 by the restored Maryport & Carlisle coach, but by 1982 things were not going too well at Chasewater.Vandalism and theft were rife, especially during the time when a Manpower Service Commission programme had been engaged on construction work for a new engine shed and some track work.

Search for coalport dating:

coalport dating-27coalport dating-64coalport dating-45coalport dating-35

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

One thought on “coalport dating”